Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year! With the smell of cookies in the kitchen, the Christmas carols on repeat on your seasonal playlist and the endless fun and events to attend, we all can’t help but get in a festive mood! But there’s always this moment leading up to Christmas, when you sit at your laptop screen for hours, having a hard time trying to think of a thoughtful gift to give your loved ones this year, and you realise that they already have everything!
Thinking of a great idea for a perfect gift is not an easy task, especially if you don’t want to ask your family members and friends to give you hints. And you buying another gift card to spend on the high street is just no longer original! So if you’re looking to surprise everyone this year, why not give them a beautifully unique gift that will pamper all five basic senses humans possess? Here we present you with the 5 Senses Gift Ideas that everybody will love! They will make a wonderful Christmas or birthday gift, a romantic gift idea for anniversaries or valentine’s day or simply a unique way to say thank you!
What Are the Five Senses?
Five human senses include:
- Sight: anything that we can experience through our ability to see.
- Hearing: ears give us the ability to enjoy sounds.
- Smell: our noses allow us to experience beautiful aromas.
- Taste: comes in through the tongue.
- Touch: experiences that we feel through the nerve ends in our skin.
Why Is 5 Senses Gift So Special?
We all like to be pampered and spoilt, right? We enjoy good food, we love listening to music, we decorate our houses with beautiful pieces of art to look at, we love massages at our local spa centre and we spend tons of money on perfume and diffusers. However, do we ever get all of our senses attended to at the same time?
- This year, you can be that thoughtful person who gives the best present – the one that will cover all the human senses!
- What is more, most of us possess at least some of the senses listed below, so you don’t have to scratch your head trying to think of the hobbies, likes and dislikes of the person you’re gifting it to.
- Moreover, 5 senses’ gifts are equally great for both men and women, children and adults alike.
- This gift can be as cheap or as expensive as your budget allows you. You can even make DIY gifts for each of the senses without having to spend a lot of money.
- You can choose an underlying theme for your gift bundle: romantic, relaxing, invigorating, sensual etc.
How To Turn Our 5 Senses Into A Unique Gift Idea?
Five senses gift is a bundle of five small presents, each of which should pamper one of the recipient’s senses. All you need to do is choose one small gift from the five clever gift ideas lists below and label them with the sense that they represent.
Step 1: Choose one gift from each of the 5 lists below.
Step 2: Wrap them well keeping the sensory theme.
Step 3: Add a heartwarming message!
Let’s begin searching through the list of ideas for the best gifts!
Sight Gift Ideas
Humans are visual creatures, so a present that will please the eye is a great place to start putting together your 5 senses gift basket. Here are some great sight gifts:
- Kindle or another e-book reader.
- A good book.
- A photo of you two together or a place that has special significance for your unique relationship.
- A piece of wall art.
- A silent movie (maybe you can make one yourself).
- Charades cards.
- A beautiful houseplant.
- Decorative vase or planter.
- Candle holder.
- Paint or other art supplies if the gift-receiver enjoys creating visual arts.
- Vitamins for eye health.
Sound Gift Ideas
Whilst music is an obvious choice when thinking about sound gifts, there is a lot more that you can treat the ears of the recipient with:
- Concert tickets.
- A musical instrument they always wanted to learn to play.
- Subscription to music streaming apps, like Deezer or Spotify.
- A personalised playlist with their favourite songs or a mixed tape.
- An audiobook.
- A speaker.
- Audible subscription
- Record your own voice reading a short story or a bedtime story: what a perfect sound gift for children!
- White noise machine.
- Vinyl records for people who love all things vintage.
- Record a podcast episode on the subject you’re knowledgeable about and spread your wisdom!
- Serenade your loved one!
Smell Gift Ideas
Sense of smell gifts can range from personal care items to aromatic foods, to fabric softener that makes their clothes smell fantastic.
- Scented Candle.
- Wax Melts.
- Essential Oil Diffuser.
- Essential Oils and an Oil Burner.
- Christmas Scent in a Can (typically smells of Christmas tree).
- Send them on a course to create their own customised scent.
- Aromatic spice mix.
- Fragrant soap or lotion.
- Dried lavender bundles for the wardrobe.
Your opportunities are endless when it comes to food and drink gifts to satisfy the tastebuds of your loved ones. Buy a flavourful gift or present them with some homemade edible treats.
- Who doesn’t like chocolate? Make some lovely chocolate truffles, or send them on a chocolate-tasting tour at a local factory!
- A box of their favourite snacks.
- Cooking class.
- Exotic ingredients they wouldn’t have tried before.
- Wine, beer or liquor.
- Homemade Christmas cookies or cakes.
- Meal Box Subscription.
- Spice kit.
- Hot Sauce selection.
- Take them to your favourite restaurant.
- Treat them to a three-course meal you will cook for them!
Possibly the trickiest of the 5 senses, Touch gifts will complete the Christmas gifts. If you are looking for a creative way to incorporate the sense of touch into your gift, here are some great ideas:
- A massage gift voucher.
- Acupuncture appointment.
- Find a local experience for walking on hot coals, if they are adventurous!
- Massage oils.
- A fluffy blanket.
- A soft towel.
- Weighted blanket.
- Cosy soft socks.
- An exfoliating scrub.
- A bath sponge.
- A stress ball.
Don’t Stop Here: Go All Out On Wrapping And Presentation
It’s what’s inside that matters, but a beautiful gift starts on the outside, right? If you want to impress your loved ones, consider wrapping your 5 senses gifts keeping with the same sensory theme. Here are some ideas to turn your wrapping into something that will target a specific sense too.
- Velvet or velveteen gift bags will immediately trigger the nerves in the recipient’s fingertips, adding to the experience of receiving a 5 senses gift. Place your touch gift in one of these bags for the ultimate feels!
- Choose a wrapping paper with all the colours that your loved one likes to make the gift visually pleasing.
- Spray the box with the gift for smell with your favourite perfume.
- Add a wrapped piece of candy instead of a bow or a gift tag on your gift for taste.
- Sing ‘Happy Birthday’, ‘Jingle Bells’ or ‘I Will Always Love You’ as you’re handing them the Sound Gift.
Whether you have a big budget this Christmas to spend on your family and friends, or looking for budget-friendly ideas, 5 senses gifts that will spoil all the sensory organs, is a perfect way to say ‘Merry Christmas’! Surprise your best friend, your wife or husband, and your mum and dad with five separate gifts from the lists above! With so many different options to choose from, you are sure to find something for every person you know! And it may just be the most adorable gift your loved ones will have ever received!