Couples Bucket List Ideas That Will Help You Grow Closer
Do you and your partner have a couples bucket list? If not, you might be missing out on some amazing opportunities to grow closer, have fun, and create unforgettable memories together. A couples bucket list is a list of things that you want to do with your significant other before you die (or before a certain deadline). It can include anything from romantic getaways to adventurous activities to simple pleasures. In this article, we will share some of the best couples bucket list ideas that we could think of. So grab your partner and get ready to check off some items from your couples bucket list!
Couples Bucket List Categories
A couples bucket list is a list of things that you and your partner want to do together before you die. It is a great way to get your common goals organized, prioritize your relationship goals, plan exciting adventures, and make lasting memories. In this post, we will share 9 categories that you can use to organize your couples’ bucket list items. Whether you are into travel, food, romance, or anything else, we hopefully have some new things for everyone to try.
Travel is one of the best ways to enrich your relationship and keep the spark alive. By travelling together to new places, you can experience new cultures, learn new skills, sped quality time with your loved one, overcome challenges, and create unforgettable memories that will bring you closer as a couple. Here are some wonderful examples to include for couples that love to travel!
Travel Bucket List Examples:
- Travelling on an expedition cruise to Antarctica (our favourite bucket list item so far)
- Glamping in the Peruvian Amazon Rainforest
- Seeing the Northern Lights
- Taking a hot air balloon ride over Cappadocia, Turkey
- Cruising along the Nile River in Egypt
- Hiking to Machu Picchu in Peru
- Snorkelling with whale sharks in Mexico
- Riding a gondola in Venice, Italy
- Staying in an overwater bungalow in the Maldives
- Watching the sunrise at Haleakala National Park in Maui, Hawaii
- Visiting the Taj Mahal in India
- Fly somewhere first class (or maybe business)
- Travelling to Grand Canyon, Arizona
- Walking on the Great Wall of China
- Take a Selfie in Times Square, NYC, United States
- Going on a safari in Kenya or South Africa
- Skiing or snowboarding in Whistler, Canada
- Relaxing at a spa resort in Bali, Indonesia
- Going on a weekend escape to a neighbouring country.
- Going to the airport and buying the cheapest ticket for the plane that leaves in the next 3 hours.
If you and your partner are looking for some adrenaline-pumping activities to spice up your relationship, then you might want to add some adventure bucket list items to your list. Adventure bucket list items are things that challenge you physically, mentally, or emotionally, and make you feel alive and exhilarated, letting you have a great time at the same time. See our list below for some fun things you may want to do together.
Bucket List Adventures for adventurous couples:
- Travel in a Tiny House/ Motorhome
- Take part in Tough Mudder or another fun local obstacle/ 5k course
- Skinny dipping
- Learn to Scuba Dive
- Bungee Jumping
- White Water Rafting
- Zip Lining
- Visit an Escape Room in your local city
- Rock Climbing
- Try Stand Up Paddleboarding
- Take a Helicopter Ride
- Fly in a Private Jet
- Go on a Hot Air Balloon Ride
- Visit an Active Volcano
- Ride a motorcycle across the country
- Explore a haunted house together
- Go to a Murder Mystery Dinner party
- Go to every major theme park in the country or go on every single ride in an amusement park.
The beauty of having a bunch of food-related bucket list items is that they don’t have to cost much and you can accomplish most of the items in the comfort of your own home.
- Take a cooking class together
- Try a recipe from a new cuisine every month (it’s a great way travel around the world through your tastebuds!)
- Have a picnic in a scenic spot
- Bake a cake or cookies together
- Go wine tasting / beer tasting
- Make homemade pizza
- Have breakfast in bed
- Go on a food tour in a your own city
- Cook each other’s favourite dishes
- Make sushi at home
- Host a dinner party for your friends or family
- Try the spiciest food you can find
- Eat at a Michelin-starred restaurant
- Go vegan or vegetarian for a week
- Make your own ice cream
- Make a bucket list of restaurants you want to try
- Make your own pasta from scratch
- Go fruit picking or visit a farmer’s market
- Make your own cocktails or mocktails
- Try exotic or unusual foods (e.g. insects, durian, escargot)
Money can be a significant source of stress in relationships. By making financial goals and decisions together, you and your partner can not only alleviate that stress, but also strengthen your relationship. Whether you want to save for a big purchase, pay off debt, or invest in your future, there are plenty of finance-related experiences you can add to your Couples Bucket List. Here are 20 ideas to help you and your partner improve your financial situation together or even start something big!
- Create a budget together and stick to it.
- Create a saving plan for a specific goal, such as a vacation or the down payment on a house.
- Attend a personal finance seminar or workshop together.
- Start investing together, such as in stocks or mutual funds.
- Create a debt repayment plan and work towards paying off your debts together.
- Review your credit reports together and work on improving your credit scores.
- Set up a joint bank account and use it to save for a shared goal.
- Attend a couples financial counselling session or course.
- Create a retirement plan together and start saving for retirement.
- Start a side hustle together to earn extra income.
- Start and monetize a blog together.
- Participate in a financial challenge or competition.
- Set up automatic savings and investment contributions.
- Take turns planning and paying for date nights to save money.
- Spend a day going through your things and listing them on ebay to sell. Use the money towards another bucket list item.
- Research and compare insurance and investment options together.
- Review and adjust your tax strategy together.
- Create an emergency fund together and work on building it up.
- Evaluate and adjust your current financial goals together.
- Plan and save for a future expense, such as a child’s college education or a home renovation.
Romance is an essential ingredient in any healthy relationship. It’s important to take the time to connect with your partner on a deeper level, and what better way to do that than by adding some romantic experiences to your Couples Bucket List? Here are 20 romantic things for you to consider to help you and your partner create lasting memories and strengthen your bond.
Romantic Bucket List Ideas:
- Have a candlelit dinner for two
- Take a romantic stroll on the beach at sunset
- Go on a hot air balloon ride
- Have a couples’ massage at a spa
- Take a romantic getaway weekend
- Write love letters to each other and exchange them
- Take a dance class together
- Have a picnic in a park
- Go on a horse-drawn carriage ride
- Take a scenic drive with a flask of tea/ coffee
- Spend a night under the stars camping
- Go on a double date with your friends
- Have a movie night
- Visit a winery or brewery and sample local wines or beers
- Go on a sunset sailboat cruise
- Take a romantic bath together with rose petals and candles
- Go ice skating
- Take a scenic train ride
- Go on a hike to a romantic lookout point
- Go on a road trip and stay at a romantic bed and breakfast along the way
Exploring different cultures (and your local culture) can be an enriching and eye-opening experience, and it’s even better when you can share it with your significant other. Whether you’re interested in art, music, history, or cuisine, there are plenty of cultural activities you can add to your Couples Bucket List. Here are 20 ideas to get you started on your cultural journey together.
- Attend a cooking class to learn how to make traditional dishes from your native or another culture.
- Learn a new language together and practice speaking it with each other.
- Attend a cultural festival in your local area.
- Visit a cultural centre or community centre to learn about the customs and traditions of a particular culture.
- Attend a concert or music festival featuring artists from a different culture.
- Take a calligraphy or brush painting class to learn traditional art forms.
- Attend a performance of traditional theatre.
- Take a guided walking tour of a city’s cultural landmarks and neighbourhoods.
- Visit a traditional market or bazaar, such as a farmer’s market or craft fair.
- Attend a cultural lecture or workshop to learn more about a specific aspect of another culture.
- Take a dance class to learn traditional dances, such as salsa or tango.
- Go on a walking food tour to sample different cuisines in your local area.
- Attend a traditional religious ceremony or service, such as a Buddhist meditation session or a Catholic Mass.
- Visit a local museum or art gallery featuring exhibits from other cultures.
- Take a wine or beer tasting class to learn about the history and production of local beverages.
- Attend a poetry reading or literature festival featuring authors from different cultures.
- Take a cultural workshop, such as pottery making or wood carving, to learn traditional crafts.
- Attend a film festival featuring movies from different cultures.
- Attend a performance of traditional music, such as a classical concert or a jazz show.
- Visit a historical site or monument in your local area.
Taking care of your physical and mental well-being is crucial for leading a happy and healthy life, and doing so with your partner can be an excellent way to strengthen your bond. Whether you prefer to break a sweat, relax and unwind, or try new activities, there are plenty of wellness-related experiences you can add to your Couples Bucket List. Here are 15 ideas to help you and your partner prioritize your health and wellness together.
- Go on a scenic hike or nature walk together every day to get to 10000 step goal.
- Take a yoga or Pilates class together.
- Treat yourself to a couples massage or a spa day.
- Attend a meditation or mindfulness workshop together.
- Take a cooking class to learn how to make healthy and nutritious meals.
- Go for a bike ride or take a gym class together.
- Try a new type of exercise, like rock climbing or aerial yoga.
- Take a relaxing bath or hot tub soak together.
- Practice gratitude journaling or write love letters to each other.
- Attend a wellness retreat or weekend getaway.
- Go on a digital detox and spend a day unplugged.
- Go on a wellness-themed vacation, such as a yoga retreat or spa resort.
- Find a scenip spot and state your couples affirmations together.
- Go on a long walk or hike and listen to a wellness podcast or audiobook together.
- Take a restorative yoga or meditation class to wind down after a busy day.
Giving back to your community and making a positive impact on the world is an incredibly rewarding experience. Doing so with your partner can not only strengthen your relationship, but also help you make a meaningful difference in the world. Whether you prefer to donate your time, money, or resources, there are plenty of charity-related experiences you can add to your Couples Bucket List. Here are 15 ideas to help you and your partner make a difference together whilst embarking on new adventures:
- Volunteer at a local food bank or soup kitchen.
- Participate in a charity walk or run.
- Donate to a charity that’s important to both of you.
- Organize a charity event or fundraiser, such as a bake sale or silent auction.
- Participate in a beach or park cleanup event.
- Sponsor a child through a charitable organization.
- Volunteer at a local animal shelter or wildlife sanctuary.
- Donate clothes, toys, or other items to a local shelter or charity.
- Organize a neighborhood or community cleanup event.
- Volunteer at a local hospital or nursing home.
- Donate blood or plasma together.
- Host a charity movie night or game night.
- Volunteer at a local school or after-school program.
- Volunteer at a local library or literacy program.
- Organize a community service day and invite friends and family to join in.
Growing together as individuals is an important part of any healthy relationship. By prioritizing personal growth and exploration together, you and your partner can not only deepen your connection, but also discover new passions and interests. Whether you prefer to learn something new, challenge yourself physically or mentally, or simply step out of your comfort zone, there are plenty of personal development experiences you can add to your Couples Bucket List. Here are 20 ideas to help you and your partner grow and evolve together.
- Take a class together, such as a language course or art class.
- Read a personal development book and discuss it together.
- Learn a new skill, such as cooking, photography, or woodworking.
- Attend a personal development workshop or seminar.
- Challenge yourselves to try something new every month.
- Take a dance or music class together.
- Create a vision board or set personal goals together.
- Try a new hobby, such as gardening or bird watching.
- Take a personal growth retreat or weekend getaway.
- Attend a self-improvement or leadership conference together.
- Fill in a bucket list journal regularly (make it a monthly activity)
- Try a new form of exercise, such as boxing or martial arts.
- Learn a new language or take a language immersion course.
- Volunteer or participate in a community service project together.
- Take a public speaking or communication class together.
- Attend a creative writing or poetry workshop together.
- Start a gratitude practice and share what you’re thankful for each day.
- Take a self-care day and focus on your physical and mental well-being.
- Start a new tradition or ritual that brings you closer together.
- Learn a new form of meditation or mindfulness together.
In conclusion, creating a couples bucket list is a perfect opportunity to strengthen your bond with your partner, create unforgettable memories, and achieve common goals. Whether you’re looking to travel the world, try new foods, engage in exciting adventures, or improve your financial situation, there are plenty of ideas to choose from. By taking the time to create a couples bucket list and ticking off items together, you and your partner can deepen your connection and make the most of your time together.
Remember that your couples bucket list is a living document that you can update and adjust as your relationship and interests evolve. Don’t be afraid to add new ideas or remove ones that no longer appeal to you. The most important thing is to have fun, be open to new experiences, and enjoy the journey with the one you love. So start brainstorming and planning your couples bucket list today!
Need Motivation Straight Into Your Inbox? Join Our Newsletter!
Subscribe to our newsletter where we share extra tips and tricks on productivity, goal setting and time management!